- What is brick&batten?
brick&batten is an exterior virtual design company that cosmetically updates a home’s exterior and creates a virtual rendering so that you can make informed decisions before executing and purchasing the design. We are not making structural changes or creating additions that are not present on the home. There are many different elements to a newly designed exterior, but some may include paint color, lighting, shutters, planters, awnings, gutters, etc…all of which are selected with top quality and with the architecture of the home in mind.
- How does it work?
Very simply! You take a level, bright photo of the front of your home and send it to brick&batten. We spend time designing the BEST POSSIBLE VERSION of your home. We deliver ONE photo rendering that includes all the elements we select and we tell YOU, the client, where to purchase. While uploading several pictures is fine, be sure to include that one photo of the entire space you want designed. There is an option at checkout to purchase a second side at a reduced fee.
- How much does it cost?
You will get a completely redesigned image of your home (one side/ image) for $900. You can choose to purchase any of the recommended design elements, many of which will be available through brick&batten. Otherwise, $850 changes the entire look of the home and adds lasting value to your biggest investment. Whether you are selling or staying forever, brick&batten is a smart play.
- What payments do you accept?
We accept all major credit cards including AMEX. We also process PayPal payments.
- Do you tell me exactly what to buy?
- Do you offer new construction designs?
YES! We do many new construction designs and house additions. That said, there is an up-charge for this design because we are creating everything from a blueprint or drawing. After purchase, you may use this link to purchase the new construction design. Please contact us if you have questions.
- What if I don't like the design/products you recommend?
You have 48 HOURS to ask for a free element revision. You will get one (1) element revision should you be unhappy. If you want more changes, the price ranges from $25-$300 depending on the time spent and design needed. See a la carte in the shop for more details.
- Can you redesign more than one side of my house?
Absolutely! Our design team will recommend products (lights, planters, awnings, paint color, etc.) for an additional fee. If you would like a photo rendering, with the products added by our graphic designers, you will be asked to submit a clear photograph and another design submission. Contact us for additional information.
- I'm not sure about my house photo. What are you looking for?
Your house photo is key to the best design. When you checkout, there will be a place for you to upload a picture of your home. Your photo should be:
- HIGH RESOLUTION. Photos from realtor sites (Zillow, Realtor.com, etc.) are not very good quality and we can’t use.
- Sun facing the house is best. Houses with shadows don’t provide the best color; therefore, color may be altered to enhance clarity, color, exposure, or sharpness.
- Free of clutter. Put away bikes, toys, cars, garden hoses, and other items in the yard.
- Level photo of your home including the roof line.
- If we need additional photos, we will contact you ASAP.
- What are the steps to receive my design?
It’s easy and you will be guided through the steps.
- Press The Makeover Starts Here or Get Started.
- Read Your New Design Awaits and press start now.
- Tell us about your project, including your name and email.
- Upload or drag and drop a high resolution photo of the front of your home (see details about the photo above).
- Provide payment.
- We will reach out to you with any questions about pictures or the design. Feel free to contact us, too.
- Within around 14 business days you will receive a photo rendering of your home design and a clickable shopping list.
- After you receive your house rendering, you will have 48 hours for one free element revision.
- I see landscape on houses. Do you choose certain flowers that are easy to grow in my area?
No. Most of the time, the landscape you see on the before&after photo is either: 1. original landscape that was on the house when the photo was taken, 2. original landscape that we have cleaned up or cut back to show a better view of the house, 3. generic landscape that we have added- simple bushes, etc. The landscape is not specific for your area or design.
- What if I want to upload a lot of pictures so you get the idea of what my house looks like?
You can upload more than one photo to show us various angles of your home; however, keep in mind, we only do ONE PHOTO in your design. So, be sure to have one, level, high resolution photo with the entire space you want designed. For more information about how to take the photo, see above.
- After I receive my design, do you help me contract the work or provide prices to get the work accomplished?
Our design team at brick&batten will provide a photoshopped rendering of your home telling you what items to purchase, colors, styles, sizes, etc. Some of the items we sell in our shop. A lot of the work, you can do or hire a local handyman to complete. However, if you need a handyman to install a light or build a railing, we don’t contract the work for you.
- I love the door, shutters, and/ or porch swing you put on my house design. Can you help me with how to measure and place the order?
Absolutely! We have excellent vendors and service representatives that make custom doors, custom shutters, and custom porch swings. We want to be your person… we will help with whole process of selecting, measuring, and ordering. Please reach out and let us help you bring your design to life!
- Can you create a home addition or porch on my home that isn't there?
Probably not. We don’t do major architectural changes or create something that’s not there.
- Do you have different packages?
No. We don’t have different packages and we don’t nickel and dime you for each element we change. We will do what’s best for your home’s architectural style and curb appeal.